- Managing Partner
An MBA degree from Cornell University (Kent Scholar) and a Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Brooklyn Law School (Dean’s List) gave me unique skills and an approach to the practice of law for 34 years that encompasses both financial and legal concerns of my clients.
For example, most real estate conveyances in New York are intricately intertwined with landlord/tenant law and practice. My background in finance, real estate law, and landlord/tenant law provides my clients with an advantage in evaluating their business and legal decisions.
Every real estate contract and every landlord/tenant case require a financial analysis to determine which course of action makes the best economic sense and reduces the risk of a negative outcome for the client.
I always encourage my clients to make their decisions based on economic considerations when they are considering which legal course of action to pursue. That is my approach in the practice of law.
Areas of Practice
- Landlord/Tenant Law 70%
- Real Estate Transactions 30%
- New York, 1980
- Florida, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1980
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1980
- U.S. Tax Court, 1981
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: Dean's List
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- M.B.A. - 1975
- Honors: Kent Scholar
- Hobart College, Geneva, New York
- B.A. - 1973
- Global Management
- Parkview Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Brooklyn and New York State Bar Associations
- Bay Ridge Lawyers Association, President, 1994 to 1995